Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sunburn Remedy

A few weeks back I went to a splash park with the boys. I sat under the sun canopy the entire time except for a couple excursions to see what they were doing in the sand or to splash my feet in the water. I wore shorts and a tank top. I didn't think anything of it. When I got back home that night I was horrible sunburned. Lobster red and whoa did it hurt.

I had been raised on the usual Aloe Vera and White Vinegar to help with the sunburn. They never really worked much so I needed to find a new remedy. I started searching around for Essential Oil recipes that would help. Let me tell you something...I found one. Not only did I find it...it worked so amazingly that it will be all that I use on myself or my family from here on out.

Recipe:
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
10 drops of Lavendar Oil
5 drops of Peppermint Oil
Store in a glass container (I used a 4oz canning jar)

Directions:
Apply to sunburned skin once a day (I applied mine at night before bed).

Results:
Within three days I had perfect brown tanned skin and I never peeled. AMAZING!!!

(Picture is from Pinterest...there was not a website to link back to)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message. We like to hear from our fans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...